PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bac/ Aerospatiale Concorde to fly again
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 15:50
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the above mentioned aircraft would be a delight to see again; I had my moment with Concorde when, in the right hand seat of our 'hack' Dove for a jolly, Heathrow ATC let us know there was one taking off beneath us, aiming West of course.

A lovely sight, for once silent to us ( I'd rushed back to the cabin to tell my chums, we were all returning from a Harrier trial at West Freugh ) - we must be one of the select few who've looked down on a Concorde in flight !

I'm aware of the various restoration projects including Lysander, that and the Beaufighter seem particularly appealing to me; if there's £15million going spare, I'm sure a lot of such projects would be very happy with a small portion...

While I'm banging my drum, I do hope the Indian Navy have the sense to keep an FRS52 ( Sea Harrier FRS1 look-alike ) for posterity.

I know they're being modified, but hopefully it won't change their external appearance much; and when I was lucky enough to work with them, they showed a lot more common sense & less 'traditional' BS than the RN.

We could then see a proper Sea Harrier 1, maybe even flying !

No offence to Art Nalls, who's doing a great job with our ex-development jet, XZ439; it will be interesting to see what records he establishes.

The HP42 would be wonderful, and possibly could make some revenue from passengers ?

I'd be in the queue, though god knows what red tape would be involved.

Last edited by Double Zero; 2nd Jun 2010 at 16:08.