PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 15:30
johnoWhiskyX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think membership of BASSA is largely irrelevant. Quite soon BA will be able to fly allmost 100% wthout the support of bassa mentalists.
WW has to go along these lines, because if BASSA remain a force to be reckoned with their reduced numbers will lead to a greater proportion of membership being hard liners and they will never accept a WW deal.

Once BA can fly at 100% or as near as damnit, then strikers become surplus to requirements. It doesnt take a genius to see what could possibly happen..even allowing for some being taken back to relieve VCC.
Im not a legal expert but i would have thought BA have a sweet defence against claims of unfair dismisal in that BASSA members refused to negotiate and BA have a duty to existing workers, members of the public ect to carry on operations and hired accordingly given BASSA's lack of goodwill ( or sanity) in negotiations.

I dont think they class it as dismissal i think it's a frustrated contract in that neither party can see an end to a dispute or term of illness.

Willie could give travel back, but if i was in his position i would be wanting major concessions from the union before doing so. For the union to think WW is going to give back travel without anying in return..lala land.