PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 12:07
ROH111

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't agree with cadet schemes. They are after all, schemes.

At least with the Qantas cadet scheme, the new pilot will sit in the back seat, operate sectors above transition level/altitude and be exposed to International Airline operations before taking the control's of the real deal.

I know REX have a cadet scheme, and they are placed directly into the right hand seat of an RPT operation on the SAAB. But somehow, a cadet straight away operating a jet, just doesn't sit with me.

What doesn't sit with me either is that Jetstar are training cadet pilots by an overseas company! They are giving away instructional hours to overseas pilots. They must be cheaper. It is disappointing to see, and I wish that both flying organisations chosen to training the pilot's were Australian companies.

It's a sign that they will outsource their own airline operation at the drop of a hat, if the price is right.

Watch out Jetstar Pilots. The future is Orange. The future is outsourced.

Quote:
" The training program with Melbourne-based Oxford Aviation Academy and CTC Aviation Group in Hamilton, New Zealand, was announced at Moorabbin Airport on Wednesday."

Rant Source: Telstra BigPond News and Weather