PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 11:48
miyamotomushashi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a Lic'd B1 Tech in BA Engg ........ have been reading the threads for a very long time in this particular forum and would like to add my 2p worth.
I am sure, by now, Cabin Crew (strikers and non strikers alike) know the depth of the 'anger' the other departments in BA have for you as a department (sorry to have tarred you all with the same brush but if you listen to the chatter on the hangar floor where I work, its always 'Cabin Crew' this and 'Cabin Crew' that and NOT 'UNITE/BASSA' this and 'UNITE/BASSA' that).
I, for one, have tried to stay neutral in this whole affair but the longer (and may I add, sillier) this IA is dragging on with the strike leaders "losing sight" of their ACTUAL reason for striking, I have to say that I have been driven to be with the 'others' on the opposite side of the UNITE/BASSA picket line (I base my judgment on what I READ in this particular forum and also on the excellent interviews given by UNITE (TW and DH, for example) on national TV).
And to add salt to wound, UNITE have actually agreed to BA's cost cutting measures and told us, in Engineering, to accept them without so much as a whimper! So why is it,then, that it's ok for certain department(s) but not others to 'reject' BA's company-wide cost cutting measures?
I do not wish anyone the worse but if this is how things are now, I don't think UNITE/BASSA stand an iota of a chance to win (bearing in mind, this is MY personal point of view on this issue .....yes, right, what does a knuckle dragger know eh? )
Btw, for any BA Engg UNITE shop stewards reading this ..... just would like to inform you that your illustrious leaders in UNITE have managed to convince me (finally) to terminate my UNITE membership and to increase ALAE's membership by one (me!) ......... well, at least by one today anyways ....... not sure if any other engineering staff have joined them today too