PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 10:24
SINGAPURCANAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all the Polish people who are seeking to apportion blame for this tragic accident:

1) It seems abundantly clear to me, and I suspect most 'professional pilots', that it was the Polish Air Force that killed everyone on board

2) It seems clear to me also that there may have been some sort of PAR in use, but it was only being used by ATC to 'monitor' the approach as is done in the UK sometimes. The a/c was not receiving a talkdown.
60 vs 40
It is so clear.

there is no a little radar service. you take responsibility or you aren't responsible to separate a/c from obstacles and other a/c. You are pregnant or you aren't pregnant.
there is no between. Ask anyone who was rated as military atco. Military flying recognizes proc norms and rdr norms and procedures.
So if it is radar guided than it is one story if it is not radar guided it is another story.

Under no conditions atco is able to give glideslope information and heading information without radar service.

As smolensk atco gave glideslope info and headings(even with two digits) we are talking about radar service.

BAD PRACTICE DOESN'T MEAN OFFICIAL RULE!

and we may bet now that Russian books for military atcos just excatly recognizes those issues.
Since we have exact rule avoinding by atcos 40% goes to Russian Military ATC system.

Very similar with the situation ATR 42 in LYPR at 2000, when atco vectored a little bit into high terrain area. he wasn't responsible for separation! really?
I told you bad practice is not rule.