PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 07:16
vanHorck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could it be that they were doing well till 30 sec before crash, in fact stable on the glide path, even slightly above (safe) where this was for some reason the point where they started following the RA? What can be causes for changing here to the RA? Outside pressure? known unreliability of the normal altimeter? Bad approach briefing not making the peculiar approach heights clear?

I'm referring to post #176 here, which gives a description of the glide path both at 3 degrees and actual, as well as the terrain heights.

This departure from the glidescope is right after (according to post #172) ATC has said for the last time: on course on glidescope (give or take a second).

From there for a few seconds the ground slopes away along with the plane increasing it's rate of decent (this is where the thought comes from that the RA was being used i guess).

From 14 seconds from impact things go completely wrong (vastly increased descent rate same time as upsloping ground). It is EXACTLY where the FO states: "Go around".

Then it's almost as if something seriously happened, either an authority thing (the FO calls out "go around" which is neglected by the PF) or a disturbance in the cockpit resulting in an accidental push on the control column, or a bold move to purposely push the nose down one final time in a bout of get-it-down-itis....

I'm just a humble MEP PPL.... perhaps somebody can make a match between the time line, the communications as well as the glide path (3 degrees and actual). Sorry if I've waisted bandwidth