PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 04:26
holdmetight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just adding some points to what Em773ER has provided...

If my memory serves me right, the salary figures provided in the website are a little off, because they are outdated. The discrepancy between the current figures and the ones in the website is minimal though, so it is still a good indicator of what to expect.

You don't do any instructing at FTA after you graduate - you return to HKG for ground school on whichever fleet they assign you to. I assume you were referring to the CX-FTA Instructor scheme that was launched 2 years ago? I don't think CX will recruit pilots through that channel again.

Finally, I don't think you can find any solid information on upgrade times because it varies with the movements of the pilot body. This, in turn, varies with a lot of factors - company expansion, retirements, etc. Have a look at the "Time to Command" post on the Fragrant Harbour Wannabe forum. While it mainly focuses on time needed for eventual promotion to Captain, you can get an idea of how long it would take for you to reach F/O. In the past it was typically 2-3 years after joining as an S/O. However with retirement age being pushed to 65, it could take longer. Read the post, it's very informative.