PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Hiring.... Cadets?!?!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2010, 04:00
The_Pharoah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol I laugh when I the comments on this thread...quite funny really. Jetstar comes out with the cadet scheme and all the knives are out. But then again err, whats the alternative? $80k CPL + MECIR (or three year av degree) and then what? take your ticket and join the queue of backpacking CPLs all hoping for the 2 slots flying old bugsmashers around FNQ or NT for pittance?

I'm probably going to get flamed for this but what the hell. Isn't the ultimate aim for a lot of pilots to get into an airline? sure its not QF or VB or Cathay but, as evidenced in other threads, there is NO future in GA if you want to actually own a house and make a living. So I don't get it....yeah okay 6 year bond, but you'd 'theoretically' have a few thousand hours, even as FO and who knows a probable upgrade to the LHS or the ability to jump ship complete with rating and hours. But whats better, you're INside looking OUT...not the other way round. I for one wouldn't mind this programme esp when most of the outlay is done by the govt (which you pay back in accordance with FEE HELP anyway).

So I say good on you Jetstar (and hopefully VB). Its not perfect but then again...whats the alternative eh?