PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Jun 2010, 22:16
giza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiramisu and Ottergirl

Ladies`, I apologise if I upset or offended you, it was not my intention, and it was not meant personally, as I said in my post most crew that I see are dedicated and hard working, I do have the utmost respect for the job you do and do not have an issue with you being paid that that you negotiated. Point taken that I do not know the details of your job, and I was a little inaccurate in my figures, as ottergirl says I was rightly taken to task (ouch).

However (there is always a however), bringing work home is different from bringing home responsiblity, I guess the point is difficult to explian, but owning projects that do not go away when you are not at work is real responsibility, with sleepless ( ok restless) nights knowing that you have to make a call on something that could cost real money, or effect real peoples futures. I guess that was in my head when I posted.

I really am not attacking crew, when ever I have occasion to mix with crew I think I can without fail say I have enjoyed thier company, and in a previous role I interacted quite a lot.

I guess as well that I feel this dispute has just wasted the BRS sacrifices that so many people (including me) have made in good faith and see that this is not recipricated in all areas. Again, nothing personal.