PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etisalat, Skype, UAE telecom issues
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2010, 20:20
ennui

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heads up for EK employees wanting e-life internet

OK

After 4 weeks and 3 optical modems and numerous visits from Etisalat contractors and staff, our optical fibre connection finally apperas to be working. We even have our home number operational!

All networking and communication programs still operational.

Rang on 101 :

#1 No sir. . . you do not have fibre optic installed (but i do!). Well please ring our technical services to confirm. . . (so I did)

#2 Yes sir you are connected to our fibre optic network (thank you), please call upgrades to change your subscription package, (so I did)

#3 No sir. . . . you are not eligible to subscribe to the upgrade package (why, i just checked with your technical department and they say i have the connection!),. please hold sir while i check. . . . . . . . ) Yes sir you are able to upgrade, but because the e-vision package includes the home telephone number that is held in the name of your employer. . . . .(yeeeees??)
you will now have to
1) obtain a letter of no objection from your employer for you to assume responsibility for your home number.
2) take said letter to an etisalat office and apply to be responsible for your home phone and.......
3) Then apply for e-vision services!

Good luck all

If anybody has a shortcut please let me know

I shall post the continuing saga when resolved

Good luck

I just want an 8mb connection for 60 dhs less than I'm paying for my current 2mb, otherwise I couldn't care less.

It's not often that a bargain appers here (relatively speaking anyway, still the most expensive internet I have had in 4 expatriot postings).

Is anything easy here????????????????

LOL