PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATR rating.
Thread: ATR rating.
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2010, 20:05
Capt_Lsd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another weird bloody rule

So piper_cherokee,,
Whats the news from the DGCA regarding a type rating and Ir validity.????????????

Honestly I dont even understand why your IR should be current for the DGCA before you proceed for a type rating,think about it,your IR is for the particular type of a/c that you have endorsed on your license,and if you haven't flown an ATR before ,you obviously don't have an IR on it anyways,YOU WILL once you are allowed to get rated on it,,or does the rule state that having a current IR say for example on a seneca allow you the privilege's for Instrument flight in an ATR. I don't believe so,,coz if that was the case ,
then they wouldn't have mentioned particular a/c's on your IR section of the DGCA license.they would have just said MULTI IR/or IR..know what i mean,then that would me we could fly any multi a/c in instrument conditions ,just like we can in the states once we have a Multi /IR rating....
We all know DGCA treats each a/c as a type here in india..from C-152's to 738's..
So in that case each a/c needs an instrument check done in it to fly it in instrument conditions...SO THEN WHY HAVE A CURRENT IR ,IF YOU DONT EVEN HAVE ENDORSEMENT YET(the ATR)...beats me

Hope i make a little sense ,,and hope we can get a clearer picture on this rule,,
cheers people.,