PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2010, 20:02
oldtimersdisease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah well, unlike you I wasn't present at the signing of the contract between Shell and Caverton at the Ozumba Mbadiwe heliport, but I'd love to have seen the ground-breaking new contract which allows the payment of even part of a contract revenue direct to a foreign company like ConDoctor. I suppose having the gargling Mingi as one of the involved parties means you can get away with anything for a time

It's great news though as once I get my contract, at last I won't have to worry about whether it's my company or me that has to sort my Nigerian personal tax bill. At least working for a company from the world's least corrupt country, I'll know that they'll sort it all out for me and send me my tax certificate every year
Under the Personal Income Tax Act, both Nigerian and foreign residents in Nigeria are subject to tax on their worldwide income. Personal income tax rates range from 5% to 30% on taxable incomes.
I look forward to being able to share an ice-cold glass of Aalborg Taffel Akvavit with you after work as we dream of the beautiful young ladies strolling around the Nyhavn on a warm summer's evening. Of course, we won't have a drink culture like those uncouth Ozzies in Bristow, and as we'll be living with our client we'll pay strict observance to the 12 hour 'bottle to throttle rule', so no booze after 1900