PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2010, 19:57
cyclicoyibo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Tango123

You really aren't listening to what the oldtimer is telling you! I suggest that you take a moment or two to read back through the last page of this thread and try to understand the sort of people that DC are dealing with here. From your comment "That's the way it has allways (sic) been done in Nigeria" I can only infer that you have never actually worked here! Bristow and Aero over many years have tried to change the way that things are done. Bristow has latterly refused to operate in any way illegally and is now, perhaps, paying the price for not spreading the "dash" around. When CHC took over the operational side of Aero from Schreiner they, as you are suggesting DC will, decided that they could run their operation in nigeria exactly as they did in the rest of the world. You only need to look at the (almost terminal) decline of Aero to see the results of that strategy.

So DC, a small northern European company are going to come to Nigeria and give Bristow and Aero a lesson in how to run a Nigerian operation. I wish them luck, but, I'm afraid that the people they are dealing with will prove somewhat more difficult to tame than they expect. I hope that the contract was won openly and above board because, if that is not the case, DC could find themselves the subject of a very difficult and expensive court case in Europe.

Cyclic.