PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 7 little weeks of Sadness..... XV109 today
Old 1st Jun 2010, 18:15
Truck2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an ex GE myself I feel that I have to put something right here. There are many times that 'pushonitous, is applied to turnarounds, from all directions. Although it is not an excuse, and thank god all turned out ok, the GE's only fault was not insisting on putting the snag in the 700. If he had done that I think there would have been a bit of rethinking on behalf of the crew, (GE,s are not FLIGHT CREW), very difficult to explain that snag when the SengO sees it in the greens.

I have been put in similar positions and if I know I am right about something as potentially dangerous as this I will stand my ground, (and if necessary get off). I was taught this by some extremely good GEs on 10 Sqn during my UT day and their advice stood me well.

As I said, this is no excuse, but the GE comes under a lot of pressure from crews at times and he needs to be able to think clearly. A FE on his back telling him it will do one more landing is the last thing he needs, After all, it is his bum on the seat, what better incentive is there?