PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 66 C
Thread: Part 66 C
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2010, 15:01
hoistop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would suggest that you reconsider going to university. As told, there are two ways to get C licence, and academic route gives you C licence without anything else - it is quite possible that you get C licence at your selected university as advertised, but this might be a bit unusable as other posters suggested. Hovever, I assume you are young and ambicious - if you go to Part 147 school to obtain B1, this is not a university degree. Are you sure you want to work hands on the aircraft for your life? Maybe later in your career you might want to work something else than that - and you might be a bit rusty to go back to school when you are 40 and kids are jumping around you all the time.
Maybe, if you have a chance, it is better idea to do at least some part of university now and then go for Part 147 school to get licence. It might pay dividends in the future - depending of what you really want to do, and what you will want to do in 15 years.
Am talking from my own experience - believe me would be much easier to do university when you are 20 than when you are 40, but it all depends on your motivation, of course.
Wish you all the best!
hoistop