PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Were you ever on Victors (Merged - various)
Old 1st Jun 2010, 12:39
VictorPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gaydon Reunion

Hi Ex-Gaydon people!! Well I was posted to Gaydon on - I think - No 31 Victor course in September 1960. At the recent V Force re-union, I saw quite a few pictures of the aircrew courses of that time, and was suprised to find I could still put names to faces!! I have happy memories of a good social life in the area at that time - for a young newly graduated Pilot Officer. That was a good thing, as after the ground school and simulator phases, I was left supernumary in the groundschool for about 4 months before 4 trips in 7 days and being sent to Cottesmore. I remember several of the A Sqn instructors - where are they now? I believe Des Hall is in Australia? Anyway, I am getting quite nostalgic with all these re-unions and Cold War Jets days. Victor K2 XM 715 ran well - twice - last Sunday in the sunshine - and in her newly sprayed desert camouflage colour.

Last year, I did ask if anyone who ever worked on Victors, and would be prepared to help at Bruntingthorpe (Near Leicester), to contact me. In the event, Not much work was done from Oct onwards as the aircraft was heading for the hangar to be resprayed. Then somehow, I have lost the list of those 5/6 who responded. Now we are now in the Summer maintenance season any help would be greatly appreciated. Experts on fuel gauging, throttle friction, radios, engine fire detector system, and engine setting up would be especially welcome.

All the best to everybody. Bob