PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - shoot me down
Thread: shoot me down
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2002, 21:38
GAF4139

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I can highly recommend Redhill Aviation. I am currently doing my PPL there and they have some excellent instructors (well, they have to be if they managed to get me up to solo standard). The landing fees at Redhill are included in the PPL fee.

If the runways turn into lakes again it is not a major problem. They have got a second base at Shoreham (Sky Leisure - as mentioned above). The only disadvantage is that you have to pay every time you hit the runway which makes circuits very expensive. But they have now got a third base at Blackbushe (in the building previously occupied by European Flyers) and last winter they transfered some aircraft from Redhill to Blackbushe. The good point is that you only pay for one landing at Blackbushe and all touch-and-goes are free. On the other hand you have to travel a bit further so it's always good to check the weather before wasting time on the motorways.

One point to bear in mind: At Redhill Aviation you can also do all your flying training for your commercial licences.

GAF4139