PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 7 little weeks of Sadness..... XV109 today
Old 1st Jun 2010, 12:25
matkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
November, I remember that incident clearly as I should because here is the whole story. The aircraft came into Leuchars and was seen in by myself (The VAS line supervisor at the time) and 2 others did a walk round and noticed a large "scalop" out of one of the tyres looked like if you had carved a slice out of it with a knife. I advised the FE of what we had seen and advised that as far as we were concerned it was U/S we proceeded to the mess for supper only to be told by radio that the aircraft was leaving we rushed back and sure enough the G/E was on the headset directing the start-up I spoke to him and also advised him that IMO the tyre was U/S and had to be changed he said no it is ok they subsequently left. I returned to the VAS office and wrote what I had seen/advised etc. in the diary and said to the other 2 to sign, we also had a movements team(4 people) from Leuchars who I had said to go and look at the tyre. We did not hear anything about what happened until sometime later approx 3 weeks IIRC this was conveyed to me from the board of enquiry that had been set up and who were to travel to Leuchars to interview me, at that the Captain said that he was unaware of my missgivings but this was refuted by myself and my team because when I advised the FE they were both together and the Captain then instructed the FE to check it out I also had my 2 lads as witnesses to the event. I was also advised that this was very close to loosing the aircraft and only caused by your crew, obviously I am very happy it turned out ok but I can tell you myself and 2 lads were extremely annoyed(put mildly) by the way your crew tried to implicate the 3 of us in this however there were just to many witnesses to coroborate what really went on, I have no idea what the outcome of the B of I was if you know please let me know.