PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - will i have a future as a pilot in Australia?
Old 1st Jun 2010, 10:01
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Free advice.........never put all yr eggs in one basket, meaning always retain an out job wise if it doesn't work for you sometime down the track.
Aviation has several prerequisites & apart from the obvious (money etc to spend on training etc) it's enthusiasm that counts, that's the single biggest factor to remain focused. There's no point in blowing sunshine up yr behind here it's not a walk in the park but doable. Oh don't worry there will come times along the way where you will entertain yr worst fears during the road to securing a good flying gig but yr not the first & you won't be the last to try it. Only YOU know if it's worth it.
I didn't get a CPL 'till 30 & to date I have flown from 30 kts (strong H/W) up to my personal record 617 kts (strong T/W) never forgetting the dream to always want to fly as a kid
The dream of flight has long been held by mankind as almost mythical. There's over 6 Billion souls on this planet & few in the scheme of things have experienced that dream, don't let a myth get in yr way of a personal quest for that dream

Go for it buddy remember there are no rear view mirrors in planes, don't ever look back!

Wmk2