PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WARNING! tour operators, scam email going around
Old 1st Jun 2010, 09:13
Bath Bonnie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not only in industry, I put 2 new Royal Enfield wheels in our local 'Trade-it' paper online this week for £100, and got some one send me an email asking me to delete the add as he 'wanted the item for his grandson' and would send me a cheque for £2500, I could take out the cost of the items plus postage and £30 for my troubles and would I send him 'the difference in a cheque with the item', all he needed was my address, bank details, and passport details for surety!
Yeh, right!!!!!!!!!!
It was obviously a mass send out email, he must have thought I'd come down with the last fall of soot, but as its be said, some one must fall for it!
If it looks too good to be true then it probably is!
I have seen the damage that can be done, a Proffessor friend of ours retired with a decent amount in her bank account only to loose most of it to a bank account in Asia, she ended up so broke she had to borrow money off her sister for heating oil!!
She did'nt reccognise a scam, she befriended some one on line and that was that, a working life time of saving gone