PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Jun 2010, 09:00
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roger Coppid

Yes I am sure other airlines have similar problems - it's how you recover from it that makes the difference! Will they all fly with us again or not? How many times do you meet someone who tells you they will never fly with xyz again? On the day, it's the way the SCCM deals with the problem that brings 'em back. Every year I can evidence that I have saved BA at least the cost of my salary and therefore, I am worth it.

Sweeping generalisation coming now. As regards the debate of mature crew versus youth, my personal experience as a SCCM and as a 'new recruit trainer' is that maturity is easier to manage! Alot of the problems we have around attendance and attitude are as a result of immaturity which tends to resolve with age. (Not many 40 year olds are out clubbing the night before an early report and phoning in sick at 2am from outside the kebab shop!) Somehow, as you get older it is easier to listen to a passenger 'having a go' at you and not take it personally. That said, there are good and bad in both age groups; good customer service is a state of mind not an age thing.

malcomf - does it help if I tell you my P60 is just under 20% less than the previous year and I also gained an increment.