PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Old FAA piggyback licence - where do I stand?
Old 1st Jun 2010, 08:13
tmmorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks all (and thanks for the sarcasm SoCal App...)

I'll get on the case. When I originally obtained it (back in the heady days when no prior letter from the CAA was required!) I managed to combine the BFR with the flight to the local FSDO at Bradley and back; no doubt my friendly FBO can do the same.

And I'm sorry, but the FARs are impenetrable. So's the ANO; in both cases there are lots of nice easy books explaining the rules (indeed the FAA is excellent in this respect) but they don't cover the obscure bits...

Still, you're right that I will need to do some homework before the BFR. Last time I remember the ground school was all about airspace classifications because of the habit countries seem to have of using the same names for totally different airspace rules.

Tim

Edited to add:

I've looked at the process having reactivated my account on the FAA website. Clearly I have to fill in UK CAA forms 1160 and 1187 (no surprise) and send off £42. What I can't find is a form for applying for a replacement certificate on the FAA website - only the form for a new application (http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certific...erify61-75.pdf). Is that right? Will that result in a complete new licence with a new number?

Last edited by tmmorris; 1st Jun 2010 at 08:39.