View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2010, 07:50
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACARS transmitted

Hello mm43,

Originally Posted by mm43
In a reply to Bearfoil you wrote:- Quote:
I never read something about that. Reports are saying that all ACARS transmitted by AF447 were received.
I think that Bear is referring to the following detail from page 36 (English version) of the BEA Interim Report No.2. The PRIM 1 and SEC 1 faults below are possibilities, but the MAINTENANCE STATUS ADR2 would have been sent (if possible to do so).

F/CTL PRIM 1 FAULT (2 h 13)
This message indicates that FCPC1 (PRIM 1) has stopped functioning. This shutdown may have been commanded or be the result of a failure. In the absence of an associated fault message, it is not possible to command a shutdown. However, a fault message that had not had sufficient time to be transmitted can not be excluded. Indeed, this message was received at 2 h 13 min 45 and the last message at 2 h 14 min 26, whereas the fault message could have appeared up until 2 h 14 min 45.

F/CTL SEC 1 FAULT (2 h 13)
This message indicates that FCSC1 (SEC 1) has stopped functioning. This shutdown may have been commanded or be the result of a failure. In the absence of an associated fault message, it is not possible to command a shutdown. However, a fault message that had not had sufficient time to be transmitted can not be excluded. Indeed, this message was received at2 h 13 min 51 and the last message at 2 h 14 min 26, whereas the fault message could have appeared up until 2 h 14 min 51.

MAINTENANCE STATUS ADR2 (2 h 14)
This message was received at 2 h 14 min 14 and a class 2 fault message should have been received between 2 h 15 min 00 and 2 h 15 min 14.
Right, I have seen this but it is a different matter that considering that other ACARS messages were actually sent and not received.

All cases discussed above are linked to ACARS sequences interrupted which relevant part missing were actually NOT sent by the systems but which fault msg had not reached their time limit before being possibly triggered. On the other hand, Hydraulics faults messages are completely missing and it is consequently possible to point out that no hydraulic fault occured between 02.10 and ~02.14. If one hydraulic fault ever occured without being tansmitted, it would be at the very very end when ACARS were shut down.

Then, if one want to explain an upset between 02.10-02.14 with problems triggering hydraulic faults, he should be able to explain why it would take 4, 3, 2 or 1 minute for such an ACARS to be sent and to verify if such a case is possible, which is not.

My point was that investigation pointed that all ACARS sent by AF447 were received. There was no imaginatory sent ACARS missing as Bearfoil was suggesting and possible delays for such hard fault are only in the order of few seconds.

S~
Olivier