PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whether or not to have a contact with a CAMO (part M subpart G)
Old 1st Jun 2010, 06:56
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As usual BOSE-X is using hype to push his opinion of how things work but he fails to see that some one has to pay for the CAMO thing that EASA have forced on the industry.

I very much doubt if he has ever got his paperwork done for free, in the past the paperwork cost was hidden in the bill for labour.

With the advent of EASA part M things have become clearer in the fact that you can see what the CAMO is charging you. CAMO fees have reflected the costs of the set up of the new paperwork trail and the staff that have to be employed to do the work and now the system is up and running fees are leveling out if not falling a little.

The bottom line is that any one who works on the Bose-X business plan will not be in business for very long or is cutting corners with something.

As bose-X says I have a vested interest as I am part of a maintenance company, the company has been in business for 38 years and if I took the bose-x business plan at face value I doubt if the company would see year 40!

I just can't see Robin's idea that we have a vested interest in ripping people off, however if something has a life emposed apon it by the manufacturer the we have to change that part no matter how stupid that might seem after all how do I tell the CAA (EASA) that I have just chosen to extend the life of a part? Even worse if that aircraft has an accident that is unconnected with that part I have "life extended" the lawers for the depedants of the dead will be all over me for negligence. The big problem with these forums is that people fail to see that each time an engineer puts his name to a CRS he puts his life, house and fredom on the line if he fails to do the job properly.

No one in GA maintenance is getting rich, I only wish I was making 10% of the money that Bose-X thinks I make, but perhaps we should just take up the offer to cover the airfield in solar panels and sod off to a villa in the south of France.........

Last edited by A and C; 1st Jun 2010 at 08:19.