PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - will i have a future as a pilot in Australia?
Old 1st Jun 2010, 00:26
Jackliveshere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Bradleyj,

Mate it is good to read your post. You have basically summed up my exact position except I am 26 not 28. I have recently put in my resignation at my current job earning a 6 figure salary to pursue a pilot career. I am in two minds constantly - in one mind I am totally pumped to be starting a career I have always wanted to do and on the other mind is all the negative feedback I have heard. Funny thing is it's mainly from this forum.

But hey I'm still super keen and am going to give it a red hot crack. I have the support of my wife behind me who knows all the perceived negatives as well, so it's worth a shot. I have passed my class 1 medical and am ready to start training at the start of July.

I do wish that there was a little more positive feedback and good stories for newbies like us, especially on pprune, but unfortunately I think you just have to decide in your mind to follow your dream and focus yourself solely to the training and making the best of things. Positive replies from some guys here on this thread though which is fantastic to hear

Cheers,

jackliveshere