PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 31st May 2010, 18:45
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NS68

Thanks - your explanation is very clear.

You are not alone - we are all worried about New Fleet. However, the one thing that is bringing New Fleet to our doors faster than ever is BASSA and the strike action.

IF we had accepted the offer last year, and IF we had not wasted the millions that have been spent on strike action then we could, possibly, have staved off New Fleet into some date in the future. At the very least, we should have negotiated a beneficial MTP to secure our future against it. Instead, BASSA are asking for crew back on planes and that is going to implement New Fleet IMMEDIATELY. BASSA do not care about New Fleet or us and the sooner everyone realises that the better.

If you recognise that you would vote differently now, then why wait? I would urge you to return to work. Look at the PCCC website and see how genuine crew just like yourself actually feel. The only way we can solve this mess is by doing things differently in the future.

There is actually no difference between you - a striker - and me - a non-striker. We both want the same things, and the same outcome. It's how we go about it that is setting us apart. Join the PCCC and join like-minded crew who want a better future for all of us.

Eddy - I sincerely hope that is being dealt with accordingly and that you are getting the appropriate support.