PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 31st May 2010, 18:29
ns68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However, what "new happenings" would make you vote differently now? The deal on offer now is comparitively WORSE than what was on offer last year, before the strike.

If you rejected it then, what has changed to now make you prepared to accept a worse deal?
HIGHFLYER

The ballot followed by Industrial Action was about imposition and setting some straight points for our future from what I understood. One of the sticking points for me was the introduction of a New Fleet as a complete different entity.I have never being convinced by that as I see it as big threat for our future, and thought the negotiation could set a better set up to it.(routes that are going to be transferred,etc.)

The 'new happenings' are that New Fleet will be up and running pretty much instantly after these unsettled times and no further talks about that will be made and it will not be integrated with current fleets. I personally was hoping for a different outcome but I have come to realize that there won't be one- hence no reason for me to carry on. Everything else that was proposed I reckon will still leave us at a loss (MTP) but I understand that to successfully go through the so called economic downturn, cuts have to be made-

PS.Am not sure if I have explained myself properly,sometimes I read back my posts before submitting and I wonder if they are clear enough.