PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Determination of DA(H)
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2010, 17:36
shazapis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOAC,

"if those 'procedures' are not clear, ask for a ruling from your Training department."

... that would be me I guess

I am the Stand/Eval officer (something like a flight standards officer of an airline) of a military transport squadron in charge of SOP development. We had a sudden wake up call when CDFA procedures plates for LGSA landed on our doorstep, and I now have to figure out a way out of this mess. Needless to say, our previous SOP manual did not include any specific procedural guidance for CDFA NPAs (just a generic statement that it is the preferred way to do it), although we have been aplying stabilized approach criteria for quite some time now.
To make things more complex, our planes have been recently retrofitted with modern avionics, adding to the complexity of developing standard ops (the steam gauge suite was way simpler...).

Ofcourse we are also talking to other squadrons that share the same problems (military operators are used to getting very little guidance from manufacturers on these issues - thus the delay in implementing procedural changes...)

rgrds

Spiros Chazapis
Athens, Greece