PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express B738 crash
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2010, 16:59
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
jpsingh:

"Even by doing a simple thing like increasing speed at 2X in order to cover more syllabus".

Sir, you really have to be joking. All tests in the simulator for a very long time now have had to be conducted in "real time". If that is not your experience, then you should complain at the highest international level.

Incidentally, I have experience as a TRI/TRE of teaching and examining for two separate FE airlines.

The most bizarre problem that I ever came across was a young captain that came into my hands. The upgrade to the equipment involved was a huge step for him and he was unfamiliar with the concept of the possibility that the captain might be wrong.

Despite failing his first course, he had "tidy hands" and I was convinced that he had a future. We did the best part of another course and he passed.

I next came across him when he came for a LOFT/LPC renewal and he was absolutely brilliant for all of the two days in the sim. He had obviously listened, learned and put into practice what I had taught him. Since I have always believed in writing and saying things exactly as they happen, I gave him an "Above Average" on his airline's company paperwork.

A few weeks later, I was told that I simply could not do this because the young man concerned now had a higher assessment than that of the chief pilot and would I please rewrite the paperwork to reflect this?

I refused.