PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Secret 15 and stuff
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2010, 16:22
Saturn

Grrr The Secret 15 and stuff

Has anyone heard of the secret 15? Guys recruited in Hong Kong on local terms and conditions freighters (some Oasis boys). Yep, no housing and low pay. They are treated like LEP's. As we have seen the company will do whatever it can to get out of paying anyone housing and we can do nothing about it. I know I have been bashing the AOA but I will no longer. I will now bash all of us for continuing to put up with this ****!

New basing bid out. It says you must have and prove the right to live and work in the basings area. Um, what about all the Gringos in Canada? So is there grandfather rights now? Can Canadians continue to work in the USA and Vice Versa? AGAIN IT SAYS, YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE BASINGS AREA, Signed David Lomax basings manager! What if a bid is open for Captain? Can I bid an Oz Capt position? If I cannot, who gets it then? What happens if he/she is junior to me? Prepare for some real fun interpretations folks. This will test Daves metal.

All in all I think the company is testing the waters to see how much more they can get away with!

Now on the subject of the AOA. I am all for the new Gen Sec, but what's with all the titles? Everyone that works for the AOA has some fancy title. Is there really a need? I would also like disclosure, since I pay dues, on what they are paying this new Gen Sec and what he and the AOAs new plans are? I think things are going to get real messy with this base bid and a lot of people are going to get screwed. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT LADIES AND GENTS?