PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 31st May 2010, 15:08
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another great day in Crew Report! I've been in for four hours and have another four to go before my briefing. I'm having a few hours kip before I go to work, though - so I'll be well rested

But the place is as buzzing as you'd normally expect. Lots of people mulling around, lots of people on standby not being used because more and more people are showing up for their trips. And lots of people are in who I really didn't expect to see but who have ALL said "it's gone too far - Bassa's lost the plot".

I'm not in the business of spinning bullsh*t. I'm speaking the truth here - from the source.

People are very happy to be here. Happy to be heading to work and a lot of people have said "it's going to be great because the only people who are in are people who WANT to be here". Very true - and certainly been quite noticeable on the trips I've done on strike days.

I'm still sad because a lot of people I respect and like are over on Bedfont today, but atleast they are standing up for what they believe in. I doubt they'll ever speak to me again but such is the danger of being so open about my feelings on this whole situation.

I wish Bassa would drop thebullsh*t though. I've spoken to a lot of people who have been at BFC and they've said that support (or atleast numbers) is dwindling. I wonder if it's because Bassa is so quick to express glee at how many people are showing up every day - even though the truth is that they're struggling to attract people to the picket lines.

If Bassa were to appeal to its members and say "we need more people down here, the low number of people we have here doesn't look good to the media or the company", they might attract more people down there. But if people think the place is full, they're more likely to stay away.