PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Pilot killed in Spain
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2010, 15:03
P.Pilcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I first met Bruce on the day he appeared in our club wanting to learn to fly and our relationship soon turned from a professional to a personal one and I have been priveleged to be a friend of his ever since. He was a concientious, careful pilot who did not take the checks and precautions that I originally taught him lightly. He went "all the way" as a private pilot, eventually gaining his multi and instrument rating and I was regularly asked to accompany him on the odd trip to re-hone his skills when his IR renewal was due until my illness removed me from the aviation scene. Until this happened, he was proud to have his skills compared those of an ATPL holder in current airline practice - they were never lacking anyway but he stuck to the principles that I taught him in the first place - to learn from the pros and follow their example, particularly when safety was concerned. He had owned several aeroplanes before the Baron amongst them a Cessna 337 and a Chipmunk all of which had been cared for in the way one would expect of a man who was a skilled motor engineer by profession.
My thoughts and condolences also go out to his wife, family, other friends and his employees at the Willpower garage who I know well and have been with him for many years.

P.P.