PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 31st May 2010, 11:22
ns68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, you went on strike to bully BA into giving you guarantees. How about these offers from BA which you have rejected:
  • basic pay protected - guaranteed as it's contractual
  • pay rises during 2011-13 - guaranteed as it would be contractual
  • monthly travel payment - guaranteed as it would be contractual
  • existing contractual terms maintained - guaranteed as they could be amended only through the agreed NSP negotiating procedures
There are people who would give their right arm for such guarantees.
To start with, please do not use words that are completely unnecessary - I decided to stick to my vote for my own integrity not to bully anyone into anything-
Initially I thought it was the best thing to do anyway- I gave a few reason in my previous posts,future uncertainty etc- After the first set of strikes,an offer to vote on was put on online..If you read my posts,I have confirmed that with the new twists my vote might change if a further ballot is made. I have considered the offer and exactly for the points you have highlighted (even though I know I will be at a loss anyway) I am not totally against it but as I said I with 80% of cc who are member of Bassa have voted YES,so I am trying to follow that. If people have voted YES and not took that vote seriously then it is them to blame. If they voted NO..and the majority should have been from the reports on this forum that everybody went into work, we would have not have this Industrial Action going on!

Time will tell.