PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 31st May 2010, 11:18
windytoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a member of a different UK airline but the overall problems that BA faces are very similar to the difficulties being faced by the industry in general. During the last year we have negotiated hard and subsequently have had to accept some painful changes to our Ts and Cs, however we are still in business and I still have a job. I am a union member but it seems we were given better advice/ representation than those in BA. There will be far more important fights in the near future of which the pension closure/ adaptation will undoubtedly be the bloodiest and most unpleasant. That however is in the future and we all know that it is illegal to strike about something that hasn't happened yet, just because we might not like it! As has already been said, some people seem to be treating the present situation as a game. I feel extremely lucky that I am in the audience and not on the playing field as the possible carnage that may be about to ensue is going to be very brutal for those concerned.