PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 31st May 2010, 11:06
ns68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But what guarantees are you after.
No company in the world could possibly offer "cast-iron" guarantees about the future.
Especially companies operating in the fragile world of the Airlines.
So, can you not see why eveyone else in BA sees you striking as being grossly wrong and basically, a slap in the face for everyone who has already made sacrifices?
I personally understand that no company in the world could possibly offer ''cast-iron'' guarantees..there is no such thing in life, let alone at work.
If I read well into it, the guarantees that the negotiations are based on, are simply to leave the current fleets up and going for as long as possible without impacting too much our earnings.-(hence my hope that the new fleet would not be set up as a different entity)After all, I can understand an 18-23 year old with little or nowork/lifeexperience earning around £15000 a year. But I don't think I can do it.
More often than not, people tend to suggest for us people that decided to follow the majority of the vote and go on strike, to leave the company if we do not like it. To these people,I would like to say that I will have to leave if my earnings will go down as much as that..I don't need anybody to tell me so.

As far as sacrifices made by other dept, I am really sorry I wish I could comment on it as I have heard about cuts left right and centre but i am not very competent on it and everything I have heard is voices or rumours.
I am trying to do what is right for the future,and I hope everybody would do that for themself given the chance.