PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 31st May 2010, 10:12
ns68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen posts that imply, in a worst case scenario, certainly as far as one particular striker is concerned, that they will be returning to a 'New Fleet'.

How on earth can the Airline continue with such a bunch of militants, who, not only show uncaring disloyalty to the company and it's employees (who continue taking the hit), and it customers, the very ones that ensure their mortgage is paid monthly etc etc?
Good morning! I am the one who wrote that. I was just being honest at what I think the future might bring us. It wasn't a matter of worst case scenario, It was in reply to someone who thought it would be impossible for strikers and non-strikers to fly together- (which I think it is not such a big deal. I am an adult and whether people did go in or not,it wouldn't make much of a difference to me..I guess from your words it might make a big difference to you)
Secondly, am not a militant. I wouldn't be ashamed in saying it if I was because I respect everyones take on life but for your information I am not. I have followed my vote in the february ballot, and that is what it is.
Thirdly, I think I have said this before. I do care about the company, I am a loyal and caring employee but I will not blow my own trumpet by giving you more info of this on here. It really isn't the point.

That reinforces my argument and that of others, that such a bunch of wotsits absolutely should NOT return to BA
Could you answer the question of what you actually feel that you are going to achieve by being on strike?
I will copy and paste a previous post,because my reasons are the same as yesterdays.
If Industrial Action is called due to majority of people voting for it-february ballot- that is what needs to be done.It is the way society was built on. If some people bluffed and they voted yes to the strike and then went into work, that doesn't mean that who's following the Industrial Action is to be considered silly into risking their job. I do not agree with a few aspects about Unite approach to this Industrial Action,but I also do not agree with the changes that we are going to go through if not succesfully negotiated.
Most people here seem to be convinced that because we have been told that we will be left on our t&c than we are safe and happy..well I remember just before voluntary redudance was given to senior crew members, that most CSD were starved from work-hence they took the final package and left- I was flying with these people day in day out on eurofleet and it wasn't pleasant to hear their story-they would be just given a string of availables that were never filled- I fear this is what is coming for us. That is the reason why I tend to support the union in getting some guarantees before it is too late. Maybe some of you are not familiar with this scenario-I don't think it was happening as much on LH.

As far as not return to BA is concerned,I hope I will be obviously,but if that is what is coming for me,I will have to get on with it. I guess we all know that there is worst things that could happen in life unfortunately.
For whoever is wishing for people who went on strike to be sacked,please keep on wishing it but please keep it to yourself.It really makes appalling reading.

I'll admit I'm not a BA employee, so I will probably be removed soon, but I just feel that it is getting a little gloaty on this thread