PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2010, 09:09
Air_One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went for CTC interview in 2008. (but luckily declined after advice from this fourm!)

As far as I am aware most people who are reasonably competent during the CTC interview process will get offered a place on iCP. Even if they dont meet the 'wings standard'. So despite the myth its not hard to get into CTC. You just need to pass the maths test & average pilapt score to get offered iCP place.

The advantage of the wings course used to be

- unsecured loan
- TR paid for

However now these benefits have gone there seems to be little / no difference between the iCP and Wings streams ?

£100K investment in training is OK, so long as you secure a well paid full time job after graduation. However it all just seemed like to much of a gamble to me... It is quite simply a huge sum of money to invest unless your sure of the outcome ?

There seems to be lots of 'smoke and mirrors' about current job opportunity for CTC cadets. Why wont CTC tell people how long the hold pool might be before they sign up ? The training is with out doubt first class. But I very much doubt it is the golden ticket to becoming a jet pilot that it used to be ? (as the huge expansion of budget airlines seen from 2000-2008 is unlikely to be repeated)

Last edited by Air_One; 31st May 2010 at 10:42.