PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2010, 19:32
American Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a cure for PVD

I too experienced this yesterday - (an exact quote from your archives)

"I suffered a Posterior Vitreous Detachment in one eye last night. Very sudden and very scary, although totally painless. Lots of flashes of light and masses of black blob-like and spidery black “floaters”, plus what seemed to me like an additional translucent flickering eyelid on the right side of my eye."

First, it IS potentially dangerous because it can CAUSE retinal detachment so a trip to the doctor is in order right away. Then you will be watched for 6 weeks to make sure when the detachment completes, it didn't take the retina with it.

Secondly, there are a few doctors in the USA that use lasers to remove clear and present blobs of the stuff that is floating around...

Here are a few:
http://www.EyeFloaters.com (Virginia, USA) Dr. Karickhoff
Eye Floater Laser Treatment & Information (Florida, USA) Dr. Geller
LASIK in Irvine, Orange County. Custom LASIK, Laser Treatment for Vitreous Floaters, and Advanced Pterygium Surgery | General Eye Ophthalmology Exams and Eye Care (California, USA) Dr. Johnson
Eye Vitreous Floater Treatment Specialty Medical Practice - Vitreous Floater Solutions

Better hurry because with Obamacare, medicine in the USA is soon to be reduced to substandard as in UK and EU.

:-(

I am 61 but I look 42 and haven't a wrinkly on my face, my eyes are clear and shiny, but I have suffered with myopia since age 10.