PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 30th May 2010, 17:11
ns68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to DIXIE DEAN

Being a VCC and having just gone through the SEP training, I am a lot more recent than a CC who did they SEP refresher six months ago.

Dixie
Please, there is people on this forum who have been flying for 10-20-30 years.I can assure that competence is very much linked to experience, not how long it has been since you have done your SEP. I have flown with CSD that through years of experience helped me understand a lot in the last 6 years..I would have never known without them. Whether you have done SEP yesterday or the day before yest, please do not believe -not even for a second- to be better prepared for an emergency or else. I am completely shocked at your comment. When I joined six years ago,whether I had just done SEP or not I would have never dreamt of coming up with anything like that. If this is what all our VCC think ,then we are in trouble.

ps.I know you have used the word 'recent' not 'better prepared' but in the context it was put, it definetely sounded as if you think that makes you more competent.