PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cops refuse to employ white pilots
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2010, 12:16
contrails8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CP, i was not asking the question to you directly. i voice my opinions in the forums not directed to a person but on the thread as a whole, so relax a bit. anyway you said what satisfy you is of no concern but you went ahead and explained what satisfies you anyway.

okay, can i just say one more thing here and i don't think i would have much more than this because we are in circles and scraping at the bottom.

the issue here is Affirmative Action. the policy written in the South African law and was negotiated before the end of apartheid along with others like the 'sunset clause'(for those not in the know, this basically said the previously advantaged can keep their spoils regardless of how ill-gotten they were and stop now, i didn't say all was ill-gotten). negotiators from both camps had to give and take, so maybe you could put some blame to those.

AA was agreed by both to give the disenfranchised the opportunity, not to prevent one group from participating. the problem came when some people were not interested in levelling the playfield and things are just carrying on as before. what then. how long can this be. and remember SAPS is a public organisation so it must be seen being in the forefront on addressing this.the thing is if they don't , private companies won't even look at it. they are not interested at all. if black pilots can't seek refuge at a public organisation, who's gonna hear their cries to put the foot in the door.

i know i made it a tad too long but it saves me from having to explain twice.

i'll tell you what satisfy me, even though maybe it's not a concern to some. the pilots in SA all in a united front , without any prejudicial myopia , working against forces that threatens aviation like too much red tape, safety, escalating costs etc. i have experienced in other countries how different races can work harmoniously in this industry, why not in SA?

Last edited by contrails8; 30th May 2010 at 12:39.