PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA driving me nuts.
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2010, 11:31
AdamFrisch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might I also add that whatever sparse communication between CAA and me has all been through emails. Only thing I've received via mail is the initial receipt of the fee paid and the cover letter, about 6 months ago. The rest has been emailed from a spam-looking FCLWEB address.

Now I love email, however, in cases of flight crew licensing like this I do think that backups should also be sent by post, as at no time have they ever confirmed that the email address they had to me was actually correct. So they rely heavily on the "who cares if he doesn't get it - he'll be contacting us as it's in his interest"-approach.

Mad Jock could be correct, that the delay was on the part of the Swedish side. That's entirely plausible as they're not the fastest bunch. But nevertheless, after the last email where they asked me to send in my Swedish license for the physical swap to the CAA one (if you come in, this takes just a couple of hours, apparently), which they got the 17th May, you'd think I'd have it by now. Even if they were really slow on the draw and sent it out a week later, that's still leaves all of last week for it to arrive.

My worry is just the cluelessness when you call up and quote your case number. It doesn't seem like anything gets logged down there. It was as if I was speaking to her for the first time and wanted to apply for a license exchange.

I'm sure it will all get sorted, it's just the time and money I have to spend driving to Gatwick and the down time I could be flying.

Last edited by AdamFrisch; 30th May 2010 at 11:45.