PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue hiring
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2010, 10:42
cptbb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Direct to the Chief Pilot and why not?

Duh! One of the best flying jobs I ever had that took me all over the world to places most guys/gals would only dream of I got by going directly to the Chief Pilot. I met him on the stairwell, on the way up to his office. I asked the guy coming down where I could find the Chief Pilot and this fine fellow asked me a lot of questions, then asked me, if I want a job? "Huh?", was my dumbfounded reply. He then introduced himself as the Chief Pilot and said, "We better go upstairs and make this official." That was my first airline job.

Unfortunately, he wasn't political enough and didn't last. Neither did the airline. But, I got three of the best years experience of my career out of 'em. And, it led me to truly bigger and better things . . . and more money, just not as much fun nor as interesting.

At that airline, I flew with the likes of real airman, like the flight leader of a flock of F-111B's that made the raid on Libya who flew from the UK. Some of the best Captains, FOs, and FE's I had ever had the pleasure to serve with.

Had I not taken a chance to go directly to the Chief Pilot, I would have never had that experience. Ya just never know.

Last edited by cptbb; 10th Jun 2010 at 06:40.