PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heli down - Devon
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2010, 06:56
Hughes500

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
CRM courses do not have to be done by pplh. I can think of loads I have done that refered to problems within the cockpit and had very little to do with single pilot ops !!! My comment was slightly oh ever tongue in cheek. What went wrong is not doing as one is supposed to and being too flash coming into land. Too exubrient flying
SS and TC have you spoken to the pilot about the incident ? I have I know exactly what speed he says he was going at, do you ? A pilot I trained was on the ground, I have spoken to him , have you ? Personally for the ac to hit 2 wires and then continue for 100m plus it was going faster than the pilot thinks he was going at.( 40 kts )
Have either of you been with a pplh I have trained ? I have argued long and hard that the pplh sylabus is wrong, it pays more attention to inadvertent flight into imc, than confined area training. Lets be honest most ppl's once they have a shiny new licence will go and land in a friends field ( what helis were desighned to do)not fly in bad weather and risk going imc. The LPC doesnt really have a check on confined areas, I put it in as part of different landing profiles.
Yes I even did a confined area in Mr Dunn's last LPC which was about 2 months ago, which he did do a recce, into a field with wires round it. What he does or any other pilot does when he is away from me I cant look after