PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS rears its head again
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2010, 05:49
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a classic case of what we've seen before...over and over.

It's known under various guises, with which you are all familiar: The Path of Least Resistance, Oiling the Squeaky Wheels, Placating the Noisy, Compromising to Achieve Consensus...blah, blah.

We've all seen this approach in the past and it doesn't work.

The hard decisions (Class C) aren't taken and, in the long run, the pain is much worse than if a bit of courage had been demonstrated from the outset.

As was the case with the G Airspace trial, Airspace 2000, son of Airspace 2000 and NAS - all of which were tried when Airservices had regulatory responsibility - and the latest cluster, when CASA now has that responsibility, grief is the inevitable outcome of what, in my opinion, is of a lack of guts.

Trying to please everyone doesn't work. For the life of me, I cannot understand why that message hasn't got through.

The decision should have been 'Class C; live with it, I'm the Regulator and no correspondence will be entered into.' There would have been an inevitable stoush but, by now, it would be history.

Instead, what have we got? A replication of all lessons from the past that weren't learned, and a larger level of grief than was necessary. And, ongoing dispute that could have been killed off before we got to this state.