PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th May 2010, 23:34
mastafreighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bedfont-on-Sea

Miss M
That's British Airways for you. It doesn't matter what you do, they won't acknowledge it. If there are any crew who might think that working during the strike would be to their advantage for any future promotion opportunities should really think again.

Another day at BFC tomorrow!

Although I am airline staff, I am lucky enough to always be able to pay for my own tickets using BA.com, Virgin.com etc so I really do have a choice. If the negative attitude that BASSA members seem to show to BA is typical, please stay at Bedfont and let those covering your duties, whether they be non-union, VCC, temps, strike-breakers, continue because they are offering a better service to the customer.

Flight 15APR World Traveller LH to LHR. Steward said 3 words entire flight. "Chicken?", "Beef?" and "Drink?". He was not seen again after meal service until breakfast service. When I complained to CSD, told he was an unhappy BASSA member and it was noted.

Flight 21APR Club World LHR LH. Crew were excellent and did everything possible to get rid of stench from S/Board toilet leaking under 17A/B where I was seated. We ended up chatting in galley including Purser (didn't see a CSD) and having a great time.

I have worked with BA in the past and numerous airlines world wide and BA currently has the strongest management team it has ever had. In fact, one of the best in the world.

Do yourselves a favour and support them instead of fighting them.