PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th May 2010, 23:34
ns68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to NEVERMIND

But as you seem to be recognising that your vote was based on certain misrepresentations, does that vote do you justice?
It does and it doesn't..It does because I am still not convinced about the New fleet being a complete different entity to us..I really think that that could be very damaging. We will never meet them,we will never fly with them..and they will be on complete different conditions but same base..I find this impossible to believe.At the moment,we do have old and new contracts but we enjoy the same agreements otherwise and it works well in my opinion.
I guess this is not a big problem for older crew that are planning to leave in the next five years,but for me this was a big issue and I decided to believe our union could negotiate differently..but it didn't happen!(and the blame goes to our management as well for not wanting to review that either)

it doesn't do my vote justice,because I have now understood that there will be a New Fleet no matter what-no matter how many strikes are going to be called-hence my post about voting differently next time round.

Just another point,when people posts refer to people going on strike as majorly against the company..I am far from it, what I felt the strike was about was retaining what we have, and I know the company is telling us we will for as long as they can but as the new fleet expands we know what the process will be..It is not bassa/unite that tells me,we all know.. I am not sure about moving in 6/7 years to a new contract where my seniority will be wiped off and the pay is what is rumoured to be.

What do you think?