PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th May 2010, 22:59
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chesh1
Your feelings are akin to mine back in my world wide days when less senior crew worked up with no willingness to take repsonsibility and ultimately I would take on the responsibility because its just how I roll when on duty.

I can respect that viewpoint but to down tools is taking an operational process a bit personal don't you think?
Hiya. Seems the majority of people think I'm over-reacting to this..... And perhaps you're all right. I say I'd ask to be offloaded and I probably would, but I wouldn't do so at the expense of my ability to serve our customers during time of disruption.

If the company said to me "work this flight or you're on strike", I'd work. No doubt in my mind. But prior to that I'd ask to go on a different trip to see if they could accommodate my request.

It's a principle thing..... I've thrown a lot of what I thought I believed out the window in order to support the company during the strikes but this is one thing I'll try to hold on to.

Originally Posted by Chesh1
Eddy,

I was not meaning to disrespect you.

I agree that waiting and waiting for promotion is frustrating but at the same time the only fair way to it and this process does have its faults is the interview or formal chit chat. You have to use every tool at your disposal to maximise your chances to get and suceed at that interview. Assuming the opportunity comes along.

I disagree with alot of the points MissM has made in previous posts but she/he is right when stating that you get no credit from strike breaking other than a pat on the back and I for one do not need that.
I didn't take anything you said to me as disrespectful, but thanks

I agree that we have a tried and tested process in place at the moment and I also agree that it's flawed like f*ckery! But that's the system and I want to gain promotion by following said process.

But being able to use an example of having worked up in an interview question is undoubtedly going to give one an advantage - no matter how small.