PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why not make ONE CARD to do it all?
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2010, 22:31
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you can get away with a four (or is it five) year AVID then why also get a two year ASIC?

I've been tempted to see if I could get away with an AVID in the past as it provides access to all the same places but for those requiring access for non-commercial operations... but I don't have the guts to use myself as a guinea pig to highlight the idiotic Regulation to a judge.

Any terrorist wanting to attack us at such high profile targets such as Ceduna, Coober Pedy, Halls Creek etc would (if they bothered at all) definately go for the AVID rather than the ASIC... especially after reading this post.

FRQ CB

PS Just confirming that we're not talking about your Flight Crew Licence ID perhaps? These were issued over about a four month period between the introduction of a need for photographic licences and the introduction of the ASIC. Those of us lucky enough to gain a new licence in this period essentially paid almost double the price for our first ASIC (or at least to comply with the DOTARS Reg which introduced the ASIC). $20 off the price of our ASIC three months after essentially paying for our ASIC; gee DOTARS thanks heaps for you consideration.