PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2010, 21:34
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boslandew

Were I to suggest to you, that none of the 'weather witnesses' were below the height of the lighthouse (approx 300' asl) and the cyclists Bracher and Ellacott were close to, if not above the accident elevation (810' asl) would you be able to quote evidence to contradict me?
2 It is of course possible (that there were clear conditions below) but there is little to suggest that it was.
But of course there was one witness to give a unique view of the weather at low level; that of the yachtsman Holbrook! He sees the aircraft clearly.

Ergo, isn't it not only possible, but likely, that weather conditions were indeed clear enough for VFR only a very short distance from our land locked observers! Anything else is little more than speculation.

As for cazatou's (K52) earlier suggestion of a 'radar fix', this is of course a complete invention, or simply 'slap dash' research. There was of course no such thing!

Please let's stick to the FACTS chaps, otherwise I will just have to keep coming along to correct you!