PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurocontrol Testing and Interviews
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2010, 13:24
davidarmstrong1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey, the test in germany for the dfs is a lot!! harder then the test for eurocontrol.

i did the test and failed in the interview. only 2% pass all tests for the dfs and 6% for eurocontrol. (but only 20% fail during the training, eurocontrol = 40%)

on the first day, they are testing the same skills as in the feast test(and some other things like right/left, memorizing accoustic things, a long time reaction test and so on).

on the second day(if you are allowed to do it), you have to do the sdm and a very hard simulation(you have to control 5 or 7 airplanes and you have to do acoustic tasks at the same time).

if you pass all the tests(nearly 10%), then you are allowed to come back and do some grouptests. if you pass them, you have to do an english interview and after that the real interview. (then the medical)

i have some questions. i wanted to apply for eurocontrol.
does anyone know when the training will start next year? i think there are three courses,right?

and where will the basic training(not the otj training) take place? i've read, that the training was in luxembourg, but now the training is at langen, skyguide, toulouse, austrocontrol ?

so, where would it be? langen would be perfect, because it's only 40 kilometres away.

my plan was to apply for austrocontrol(plan b) and after i passed the first selection (feast test and some other tests), i wanted to apply for eurocontrol because then i could start with phase 2.
dou you think thats a good idea? when should i apply?